Monday, January 31, 2011

蜜月旅行~新加坡~ 我遇見了印度老先生 Honeymoon~ Singapore 2 I met an Indian old man



由於新加坡的商家大部分是十點或十一點才開,因此我就買了幾個小時的網路,然後在大廳上網。

I woke up around 7.00am and had a quick showering. I packed personal stuffs and leave the room to the lobby without hesitate. Since most shops only open about 10 or 11 am, I bought few hours internet access and just surfing on the internet in the lobby.


在大廳,我遇見了一個加拿大籍的印度裔爺爺,帶著他美國籍的小孫子。他和我說,他住在加拿大30年了,但他兒子和婦婦住在紐約 (這就是為什麼他孫子是美國籍),然後他還有一個女兒住在馬來西亞,所以他們相約到普吉島度假,然後他的小孩們先回家了,他及他老婆,要和媳婦帶著2個孫子來新加坡轉機,準備回印度探親。

In the lobby, I met a grandfather who is Canadian but original from Indian with his American grandson. He told me he lives in Canada for over 30 years but his son and daughter-in-law live in New York (this is why his grandson is American) and he got a daughter who lives in Malaysia. They made a holiday in Bali and now their children went back home in a advance. Now he and his wife will take 2 grandchildren with their daughter-in-law go back to India for visiting family. They are in Singapore for flight transfer.

印度裔爺爺還告訴我,他在幾年前回印度探親時遇見他的媳婦,然後他很喜歡她,所以回美國告訴他兒子,我喜歡這個女人當我的媳婦,你回印度娶她,然後他兒子就回印度娶了他的妻子。

The Indian grandfather also told me, he met his daughter-in-law few years ago while he went to India for family visiting and he likes her very much. So while he returned to America, he told his son I like the woman to be my daughter-in-law and you should go back to Indian for marrying her. Then his son went back to Indian and married the woman as his wife.

 這不是第一次我聽聞旅居海外的印度人,由父母決定結婚對象,然後回印度娶老婆。每一次聽見這樣的事,我的心中都有一種奇妙的感覺,這樣的婚姻看似毫無感情基礎,同時還有著生活、教育的成長背景極大差異的問題,要能好好過一輩子,其實是很大的挑戰。但我認識的幾個朋友,卻有著很幸福美滿的婚姻生活。

This was not the first time I heard about overseas Indian marriage arrangement. Their wives are decided by their parents and they go back to Indian to get married. Every time I heard about these things, I have a strange feeling in my mind but sometimes in a good way. This kind of marriage is like no fundament base relationship and there are living value and education background differences /issues. It is a big challenge for living together for a life long. However, I know a couple of friends through this arrangement and they all have their happiness marriages.

在和印度老先生道別後, 我很認真的思考,如果是我面對這樣的狀況,我是否會有美好的婚姻,但我似乎無法想出答案,但也沒有看見我是否有反抗的勇氣,也許沒有說不的勇氣,就需要生活的智慧,讓自己開心。

After saying goodbye to the Indian old man, I serious started to think if I face this condition if I would have a happy end marriage but it seems I can not find my answer. At the same time, I also can not see I have the brave power to resist the situation. I guess if there is no brave to say no, you should have wisdom to live and make myself be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment